Serving The Injured In New York And Pennsylvania
Mark T. Perry
Mark T. Perry
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Defective Products
- Construction Accidents
- Premises Liability
Mark Perry has over thirty years experience specializing in complex litigation, including healthcare, commercial, products liability, and class action cases. He has tried more than 100 cases in Pennsylvania and New York in both state and federal courts, in virtually every specialty of medicine, including birth trauma cases. Mr. Perry practiced law with Phillips, Lytle, LLP, in Buffalo, New York, from 1986 through 1991. In 1998, he founded The Perry Law Firm.
Mr. Perry is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Requirements for board certification include substantial involvement in trials and settlements, participation in continued legal education, a reputation among judges and other lawyers for competence, and successful completion of a written examination.
Mr. Perry is "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating awarded by this preeminent legal resource.
In 2011, Mr. Perry was elected a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
In 2017, Mr. Perry was honored with a lifetime achievement selection as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania.
Attorney Perry was recognized in The New York Times for his selection as a Lawyer of Distinction in 2021 (NYT 4/25/21).
In 2021, Mark was named one of the Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyers in New York.
Mr. Perry has been selected as a "Super Lawyer" for 17 consecutive years (2005-2021).
Mr. Perry was one of the original members of the Board of Directors of the Medical Education Development Corporation. The work of the MEDC led to the creation of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, which graduated its first class of physicians in 2013. Mark and other "founders" are honored on a plaque that bears their names in the atrium of the Medical School.
Mr. Perry received the 2010 Exemplary Service Award from The Lackawanna County Bar Association.
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: With Honors
- St. Bonaventure University
- B.A. - 1983
- Honors: magna cum laude
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Lackawanna County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Luzerne County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Vice Chairman of the Board The Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education, 2012 - 2016
- Board of Directors Medical Education Development Consortium – The Commonwealth Medical College, 2004 to 2008
- Civil Trial Specialist - National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Litigation Counsel of America - Senior Fellow, 2011 - Present
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania, 2017 - Present
- Lawyer of Distinction in 2021, The New York Times
- Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyers in New York, 2021 - Present
- Super Lawyer, 2005 - Present
- 2010 Exemplary Service Award from The Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Board Certified in Civil Pre Trial Practice by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (Invitation Only)
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, Litigation Counsel of America’s Renaissance Symposium, New York City, November 30, 2018, “Pain and Suffering Damages for Stillborns, An Application of Frye v U.S.”
- Panel Member, Medical Marijuana - “What You Need to Know,” October 4, 2018, Mohegan Sun, Pocono, Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- Lecturer, Litigation Counsel of America’s Renaissance Symposium, The Harvard Club, New York City, December 2, 2016, “Jury Trials in The Age of The Trump Voter.”
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Technologies, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Pittsburgh, April 2015)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Philadelphia, April 2013)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Pittsburgh, April 2013)
- Faculty, The Commonwealth Medical College, An Examination of Medical Ethical Litigation Issues, Scranton, Pennsylvania (March 2012)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Mechanicsburg, 2011)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Philadelphia, 2011)
- Lecturer, The Changing Role of Risk Management, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, Pennsylvania (October 2010)
- Faculty, Long Term Care Administration, Role of Government and Health Policy Regulation and Reimbursement, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania (September 2010)
- Faculty, Long Term Care Administration, Role of Government and Health Policy Regulation and Reimbursement, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania (March 2010)